Potential of timber building materialThe material timber has become particularly important for architecture in the light of the climate crisis and the search for environmentally friendly resources. This book describes the potentials of the building material timber in terms of design and construction by means of 30 constructions of various sizes and usages. The spectrum encompasses a small mountain hut, residential or school buildings, large office buildings and institutions for culture and leisure. The respective building method – solid timber construction, modular construction, heavy framing, light framing or hybrid construction – is presented by means of plans and detailed design drawings. The holistic solution approaches of the 30 architectures demonstrate the potential of timber as a sustainable building material for a climate-friendly future.
- comeback of a traditional building material
- timber as sustainable material of the future
- renewable raw material, recyclable, climate-friendly
- local availability, diverse utilisation
- warm and sensuous building material with innovation power