The surfaces and composition of flooring make a decisive contribution to the perceived atmosphere, quality and appreciation of rooms. At the same time, flooring must be capable of bearing the enormous loads expected of it.
Volume 2 focusses on historical developments, with a particular emphasis on flooring as an architectural design element, sustainability concerns and issues often faced during renovations/modernisation. Corresponding case studies of successfully completed projects can serve as inspiration for the reader’s own projects.
* Historical developments in flooring
* Sensory perception and spatial effect
* Flooring and its life cycle: renovation/modernisation
* Comprehensive section of case studies
* Flooring as an architectural design element