Landscape architecture has a pivotal role in ensuring environmental sustainability through design interventions. This book takes a broad look at strategies and completed projects to provide the reader with a strong understanding of the sustainability challenges being faced by designers today, and potential routes to addressing them.
The book covers essential concepts of landscape architecture and environmental sustainability, including:
– Ecology, multifunctional landscapes and sensitive intervention
– Remediation, cleansing and environmental infrastructure
– Social sustainability, design activism and healthy landscapes
– Food systems, productive landscapes and transportation
– Performance ratings, materials and life cycles
Through case studies from around the world and interviews with leading landscape architects and practitioners, this book invites discussion about possible future scenarios, relevant theories and project responses in landscape environmental design. With hundreds of color images throughout the book, and additional study material in the companion website, Joshua Zeunert provides an overview of the multidimensional qualities of landscape sustainability.
170.00 kn (22.56 €) uklj. PDV